Putting together the Shadows of Brimstone figures

Before I can do a play-through of our new Shadows of Brimstone game, I need to put all the little figures together.

The figures come in bits attached to frames, like airfix kits.

You have to cut the parts of each figure out of the frame and glue them together.

You have to cut the parts of each figure out of the frame and glue them together.

I started with the monsters, as I felt I’d rather make all my learning mistakes with them and not with the heroes.

Initially I had some kind of Bostik glue, but that didn’t seem to want to work with the plastic, so I gave up and used super-glue. I kept some of Gab’s nail varnish remover handy for when I stuck my fingers together.

Some monsters were easier than others. The Tentacles and the Zombie Witch were each just one piece, whereas I had to stick arms and a hat on the Zombie Prospector. The Beetle Monster had all four arms and legs to stick on.

All the bits had specially-shaped connectors and matching sockets, so you couldn’t stick any of them in the wrong place, and they were guaranteed to be in the correct position.

The beetle monster was the first one I built. It was one of the bigger figures, so I thought it would be less fiddly.

The beetle monster was the first one I built. It was one of the bigger figures, so I thought it would be less fiddly.

I also needed to glue the figures to the bases but there were no slots to stick them in. I had to press the figure to the base until the glue had set enough that they could hold together on their own and be left to dry. They all worked out ok, though.

After finishing all the monsters, I felt confident enough to attempt the heroes.

The Lawman hero comes with a separate head and hat. The hats were always the most awkward bit to get on right.

The Lawman hero comes with a separate head and hat. The hats were always the most awkward bit to get on right.

Here is a picture of one of each of the finished figures.

Here they are ready to go.

Here they are ready to go.

The last figure still to make is the huge Harbinger demon figure. I have tried to put this together twice, but it is much more fiddly. You have to get the arms, legs, head, and tail all slotted into the body as you stick the two halves of the body together. I think I am going to need to trim down the connectors to make sure they all fit properly without any gaps.

I am sure the Harbinger will be very impressive when it is done, but it has a lot of pieces.

I am sure the Harbinger will be very impressive when it is done, but it has a lot of pieces.